Wednesday, October 20, 2010

the problem with buying a lizard

There are many things to remember when buying a lizard. You have to get all the information on how to care for it. You have to have a tank, bedding, lambs, and tank accessories. If living with your parents, you have to clear it by them to make sure it’s ok. I myself am planning on buying a gecko from my work. I have consulted all the information about caring for it, and even have experience with her. With my last few pay checks I have more then enough money to pay for her, tank accessories food bedding and lamps. My friend is giving me his old tank you keep her in and it more then big enough. So what might the problem be? Why haven’t I done it sooner you may ask? Simple. My parents are utterly and completely against the idea of me owning a reptile I have to feed crickets to. To ever rule and every problem there is a loop hole and a solution. For my very common problem I have been lucky enough to have a friend with reptile experience offer his room to act as its foster home until I move out and so within the next 2 weeks I plan on being the proud owner of a leopard gecko. If you guys have any suggestions for names please leave them in comments and maybe you’ll pick a good one.

Till next time this is my random life.

PS yes it is a girl gecko

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many people buy a pet without realizing what a huge responsibility and how much work it is. Sounds like all that time working at a pet store has served you well. But lizards freak me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just wondering how big the tank was?

    ReplyDelete